Crumbled at Barnet: An interesting match report from the young Chloe Norman!

3:00pm: I arrived at Meadow Lane to board the Official Notts County F.C away travel coach, where I were feeling very positive about the team achieving a result on Tuesday night, away at Barnet.

7:15pm: We finally arrived at Barnet on the official supporters’ coach; I was feeling very positive! Starting to believe things were looking good for Notts County! When kick off came around and the team pressed in to Barnet’s penalty box, McLeod were soon fouled in the area! Of course, the referee awarded Notts County a penalty! Who else, but, Jon Stead came forwards and scored a cracking penalty – which made the score one nil to Notts, just 6 minutes on the clock!
Barnet, kicked off, once again, after conceding and soon went close to scoring as they pushed towards our box and one of their players were 1 on 1, with Scott Loach; but to our joy, Scott came rushing off his line and saved it with his feet to keep the score line to one nil, to Notts County!

8:45pm: Second half began, I was feeling quite positive, believing that we were going to win again, but to our fate again, there were a massive turn on the 46th minute of the game, when Edwards fouled a Barnet player in the box and the referee gave another penalty, this time to Barnet… Soon after, John Akinde, the Barnet forward stepped up and sent Loach the wrong way to make the score 1:1 with 43 minutes remaining – could Notts have held on for a draw or even push for the winner? No, they couldn’t. On the fifty seventh minute, the game turned on its head and Notts County conceded again; leaving the score at two, one. I did think to myself, that this Notts team could have pulled another goal out of the bag and turned the game back on its head. But, no! To my surprise, the situation got much much worse, when on 63 minutes Barnet scored again to make it 3-1; sadly, this ended any opportunity for Notts to perform a dramatic comeback. Changes were made on 62nd minute – Mark Cooper brought on his first Sub, Izale McLeod were replaced by the energetic & youthful player, Montel Gibson! Whom did indeed have a very lively 30 minutes on the pitch and could have scored his first professional goal for Notts while playing for the first team for only the 3rd time, but it wasn’t to be his night, and, the game finished 3:1 to Barnet.

9:50pm: We were back on the warm coach to head back to Nottingham, I thought to myself, why did the team have to throw away the lead, once again?

We are all hoping for a better result versus Cambridge United!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *